I am a professional manager of a facility and would like to know all about the compensation I receive when I have old mattresses collected.
- You are a professional manager of a residential care centre, holiday centre, rest home, prison, hotel or other collective facility.
- You have the discarded mattresses collected by an homologated Valumat collector.
- The type of mattress falls within the scope of the take-back obligation.
- You store the mattresses in a dry and with no risk of contamination.
- You agree on the modalities and costs of collection in mutual consultation with your collector.
Valumat provides financial compensation for professional users who have mattresses collected by a Valumat-homologated collector. For practical reasons, the amount is calculated on the basis of the collected tonnage (€ 550/ton). This equates to approx. 8 € per mattress.
Valumat determines the fixed amount annually depending on the market conditions for collection, transport and processing.
How to apply for compensation
You don't have to do anything yourself. It is your collector who annually forwards your data to Valumat.You log into our website with your unique code that you receive from Valumat in April of the year following the year of collection and Valumat takes care of the payment of your fee.
When will you receive your compensation?
The fees related to collections in 2022 will be paid by Valumat in 2023.
For your accounting
ð The Valumat financial compensation is free of VAT. You do not have to send invoices and you do not receive a credit note. You book your financial compensation on a 74-account (other operating income).